This article will examine the Best Notepad++ Alternatives for Mac users.
Notepad++ is a well-regarded and helpful utility for web developers, coders, and programmers. Its simple interface and crucial features, such as syntax folding support for various programming languages, including SQL, Pascal, PHP, C, and C++, make it one of the best text editors for Windows. Regrettably, there is no specific Mac version of Notepad++ download. However, this doesn’t preclude you from using those distinctive characteristics at a high execution rate. Are you curious as to how?
Top Notepad++ Alternatives For macOS in 2022
The market is flooded with text and code editors for Mac OS X comparable to, if not better than, Notepad++. Thus, without further ado, let us examine the Notepad++ Alternatives For Mac!
1. Komodo Edit
For Mac users, Komodo Edit is one of the Best Notepad++ Alternatives. The code editor includes a stunning dashboard that makes it simple to organize your projects.
Additionally, it enables users to write code in various computer languages. Besides, it offers substantial documentation to help streamline the overall operation.
- Use custom commands to run files.
- Advanced editor to track changes.
- Supports programming languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Syntax checking.
- Irregular updates.
Price: Free Notepad++ Text Editor Alternative
Moreover, it includes valuable Live Preview features that allow users to immediately preview changes made to CSS and HTML files in their preferred browser.
- Useful Live Preview feature.
- Proffers all the tools needed by Web Developers.
- Open-source Notepad++ alternative.
- Lightweight apps can be run on older Macs.
- Start-up takes significant time.
Are you looking for Notepad++ Alternatives? MacVim is a highly flexible text editor for Mac users that is available for free and can be used on various platforms. It, in contrast to the majority of Notepad++ Alternatives, offers multiple windows with tabbed editing.
Besides, it includes a full-screen mode, an ODB editor, and the ability to edit various bytes.
- Binding to standard OS X Keyboard shortcuts.
- Proffers transparent backgrounds.
- Support for drag and drop actions.
- Support for highlighting syntax.
- Not intended to be a WYSIWYG processor.
Price: Free Notepad++ alternative for Mac
jEdit is one of the powerful Notepad++ Alternatives and source code editor for the Mac operating system. The program is entirely free and comes pre-mapped with shortcuts for easy coding.
Furthermore, this beat text editor even includes a marker feature for quickly returning to a previously noted spot. In addition, it has a great clipboard that allows you to copy multiple lines of code.
- Syntax highlighting support with more than 150 language modes.
- Extensive support for numerous extensions.
- Highly flexible Notepad++ alternative according to users’ needs.
- Learn excess about programming while using jEdit.
- Dependable on Java.
Price: Notepad++ for Mac free download
BBEdit is a feature-rich text editor optimized for Mac users, providing effortless search, editing, and manipulation of textual data and source code.
Moreover, Software developers and web designers mainly use the Notepad++ Alternatives to collaborate on projects involving multiple programming languages.
- Elegant interface.
- Robust HTML Markup tools.
- Supports multiple programming languages.
- Valuable functions like Syntax Coloring, Code Folding & more.
- Irregular updates.
Price: Free Trial (30 Days) | $49.99
6. Coda 2
Without mentioning Coda 2, our Top 10 Notepad++ Alternatives list would surely be incomplete. It is a useful open-source text editor with an automation tool for quickly completing tasks.
Besides, it includes visual tabs and syntax coloring choices to facilitate coding. Further, Coda 2 has a slew of additions designed to boost overall productivity.
- Effective Live Side-By-Side Preview.
- A convenient mobile preview is also available.
- Plenty of plugin options is supported.
- Table & writing surface at one place.
- Requires little technical expertise.
Price: Free | $99
7. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is among the powerful Notepad++ Alternatives for Mac users, designed and developed by Microsoft. It has extensive documentation and a diverse set of extensions for upgrading. Through an interactive console, you can debug code right in the editor.
Additionally, sublime Text synchronizes your code between the editor and the server without installing any other software.
- Better file organization.
- Highly responsive and works on all popular OS.
- Fastest start-up & coding.
- Lightweight yet supports plenty of IDE features.
- Missing toolbar, required for easy access.
Price: Free | $80
SlickEdit is an award-winning alternative to Notepad++ developed explicitly for Mac developers. The program includes powerful code editing capabilities and many graphical project tools.
Moreover, a separate command palette is included, as is the ability to manage multiple projects, symbols, classes, and files.
- Highly compatible with most programming languages.
- Easily debug and compile files.
- Supports nine different platforms.
- Tapon the Error button to detect the exact error location.
- Lags when working with large projects.
Price: Free | $299
Atom for Mac users is the next entry in our list of the Best Notepad++ Alternatives. It is a simple text and source code editor, making it one of the most popular choices among experts.
In addition, the tool includes visually appealing syntactic themes and allows you to alter the tool’s entire look and feel.
- Supports HiDPI with next to no scaling problems.
- A comprehensive list of packages with the Package Manager.
- Receives regular updates.
- It lets you make core modifications through hacking.
- High memory consumption.
Price: Free Notepad for Mac
10. Nova 3
Finally, Nova 3 is a dedicated program that assists in creating text-based documents and structures. Nova 3 is one of the Notepad++ Alternatives that has advanced search and replacement capabilities, syntax coloring tools, and FTP/SFTP support.
Furthermore, all functions are contained within a simple interface, making it ideal for both novice and advanced users.
- Straightforward dashboard.
- Easily apply syntax coloring patterns.
- Extensive range of text manipulation capabilities.
- Set up complex find & replace rules.
- Gradually with large files.
Price: Free | $99
Which Is The Top Notepad++ Alternatives To Use On Mac?
It finishes our list of the Top 10 Notepad++ Alternatives for MacBook users. There will never be a single piece of software optimized for your needs, as we constantly say. So, we recommend that you test out a few of the text editors on our list and then choose the best acceptable one for you. The majority of these offer a risk-free trial period. As a result, it will be simple for you to employ them and reach a conclusion.
ALSO SEE: YouTube Video Recorders
Further, if you don’t want to spend time researching the best text editing and modification software, we recommend BBEdit & Brackets!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Notepad++ Available For Mac?
Regrettably, Mac users do not have access to a Mac-specific version of Notepad++. However, you can use the text above editors and code manipulation software to accomplish the task.
What Can I Use Rather Than Notepad++?
Atom, Sublime Text, Coda 2, and Komodo Edit are some of the best utilities to use in place of Notepad++.
Which Text Editor do I Use For Python On Mac?
Sublime Text and MacVim are the ultimate choices for Python on Mac.