Here are a few solutions that you can follow to fix the LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off issue.
You may have heard about or are aware of a problem with LG TV WiFi being disabled. Or is there an issue with the Internet connection? Checking the state of the network is the first step in diagnosing a network problem. Next, you need to check the network status to be able to resolve the issue. The LG TVs provide a superior user experience that is both accessible and efficient.
During a binge-watching session, it can be aggravating if the WIFI on your TV cuts off. The information in this article will allow you to address the LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off issue independently.
Fix: LG Smart TV WiFi Turned Off Automatically
LG Smart TV WiFi Turning Itself Off: If your LG TV’s WIFI is disabled, the first thing to check is whether your WIFI settings are enabled.
Also, ensure that your WIFI signal is robust. You may need to be made aware that someone shut off the power. If this is not the case, your TV’s software is not current. Some TVs can update automatically.
If you fall into the second category, there is also a possibility that incompatibility is your issue. For example, software defects may contribute to the underlying issue. Additionally, wrong date, time, and DNS settings can impede the activation of LG TV WIFI.
With the assistance of a DNS server, it should be feasible to transform a website’s domain name to its IP address. Otherwise, there may be a hardware issue with your LG TV if none of the solutions work.
Try Turning the TV Off/On
On contemporary LG TVs, there is no hard reset button. Listed below are the procedures to take if you suspect software issues:
1. Disconnect TV from the power outlet physically.
2. Allow about 2 minutes for the process to complete.
3. Reconnect the TV.
Soft reset or power cycling are alternative terms for this procedure. Our suggestion is based on the product’s efficacy. The TV was reset. It is the first step because it is straightforward and requires no technological expertise.
Additionally, software defects are the primary cause of the LG TV Keeps Disconnecting from WiFi issue.
Check Your WiFi Settings
If turning on your LG TV does not resolve the LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off issue, you should verify that you’ve entered the correct network name & password to connect your LG TV to the Internet.
Your TV and router’s power switches may need to be turned off for 30 seconds. Then, flip the power switch on again. Whether or not your WIFI is enabled is a regular problem. Therefore, check that it is powered on. And. Verify that your WiFi network is operational.
Pick Settings from the Home screen to proceed. Next, navigate to Network and scroll down. If the Network menu is not visible, the left arrow button will navigate it.
Choose your WiFi connection. Choose the WiFi network you wish to use from the available networks. Please enter your password at this time. And click the Connect button.
Restart LG TV
On smart TVs, you can watch your favorite shows, movies, and more from the comfort of your living room. Unlike other smart devices, however, Smart TVs are susceptible to software flaws that can resolve by restarting the device. Unfortunately, on many contemporary smart TVs, the reset button is absent. The procedures below demonstrate how to restart a smart TV without a reset button.
Here are easy steps you need to follow to reboot your new LG TV:
- Simply plug the power cord into the wall outlet & unplug it. Wait two minutes, then repeat.
- The power cord should connect to the wall outlet. And wait two minutes, and repeat.
- You may power your LG TV by pushing the power button on the panel or the remote. If one is available, you can also use the power button on the side panel of your TV.
Check your Router
Is your LG TV’s WiFi turned off? There might be an issue with your WiFi router.
- The internet connection of other devices can be checked.
- Must ensure the WiFi password is correct.
- Additionally, ensure you are not using another WiFi frequency that could be causing this issue.
- If the TV WiFi connection still needs to be fixed, check whether your router is blocking it.
Your WiFi router requires a reboot. Consequently, the network address will be refreshed, and the LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off or LG TV WiFi Is Turned Off issue will be fixed in most cases.
Set DNS Settings
It is even possible to fix WIFI turned off by setting your DNS. Here are steps you need to follow:
- You can access the menu by hitting the Menu button. Then, on the TV screen, choose Settings.
- Then, tap on All Settings.
- And tap on the Network button.
- Now, tap on the WI-FI connection button.
- And tap on Advanced WI-FI Settings.
- Then, click on Edit.
- In the IP address area, enter an IP address within the range supported by your router. Then, enter the router’s network mask in the Subnet Mask field.
- Now, in the DNS Server field, enter the DNS address.
- And please press the Connect button.
DNS servers can have issues much like any other server. You must manually configure the DNS location if your DNS is malfunctioning and nothing else seems to work.
Free DNS servers 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 are available from Google.
When using 188.8.131.52, the same protocol should be followed. Once the DNS Server has been selected, enter 184.108.40.206 and save the settings.
Change Time & Date Settings
In addition to generic bugs, auto-update issues, and altering the system time, there are multiple reasons why the date and time on your LG TV are incorrect.
You must set your LG TV’s date and time correctly.
The following procedures will guide you through changing the time & date on your LG Smart TV:
- Go to the Settings page. Then, choose General. And select Date & Time from the menu.
- If you’re connected to the Internet, then select Automatic.
- If your LG TV has no Internet connection, pick Manual. Additionally, check the time and date settings.
- Click the OK button.
You must precisely set the time & date on your Smart TV. Your TV has a settings menu. Also, ensure that the date is set to yesterday or today.
Also, ensure that the time is accurate. In addition to setting the time zone manually, you can also manually set the AM or PM.
Change Country Setting
Changing the nation setting can occasionally resolve the LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off and on issue. You can achieve this by taking the following steps:
- Tap on General. Country of LG Services.
- The bullet for Set Location Automatically should uncheck.
- And select a country other than the one you previously selected.
- Then tap “Yes. “
Restart the TV now. You should confirm that you can connect to WiFi without any problems.
Factory Reset LG Smart TV
If none of the troubleshooting steps work, the LG smart TV must be reset to factory settings. A factory reset will restore your TV to its original settings. In addition, it eliminates any faulty or incorrect data files. And as a result of this operation, your device’s software will be updated to the most recent version.
Many issues can be rectified by resetting to factory settings. You can use it if you cannot resolve the LG TV keeps disconnecting from WIFI Reddit issue using other techniques.
The following procedures will assist you in resetting your LG TV to factory settings:
You can now manually revert your country setting to its previous state. Also, ensure that the box next to the Set country is automatically unchecked.
Resetting your LG Smart TV to factory settings is as straightforward as following these steps:
1. On your remote control, hit the Power button.
2. Then, on the home screen, click the Settings icon.
3. Now, choose General. And select “Factory Data Reset.”
4. Please select Yes. And you can reset your LG TV by following instructions on the screen.
ALSO SEE: What Is about:blank?
When your LG Smart TV has been factory reset, turn the TV off & on again after a few minutes.
Update the Software
Check your TV’s Settings to see whether fresh upgrades may resolve your LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off issues. If updates are available, they should be installed.
- Choose General from the menu.
- Please scroll down. Choose About this TV from the menu.
- Afterward, make sure that Allow automatic updates are enabled.
- Now, to check for updates, tap Check for updates.
Install any available updates by following the on-screen directions.
There may be available updates, so install them if you discover them.
These are all viable solutions for LG TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off. You can test them based on the error message and see whether the problem persists.