What should you do if your HP scanner is not working in Windows 11? Many users have the HP scanner not working on Windows 11 problem after updating to Windows 11. Check for Windows updates is the first solution you should always make sure of before doing anything else. Because of certain obsolete issues, the HP scanner may not work. Follow these steps to do this.
- Choose Windows from the menu.
- Then, click the settings icon.
- The app then picks the Windows Update category from the left pane of the settings panel.
- Check for updates here by clicking the check for updates button.
Windows will automatically install any available updates, and your printer problem may be resolved.
What Should We Do If Windows 11 Can’t Identify The HP Scanner?
Running The Preliminary Troubleshooting Might Be A Good Solution
Before you start the actual program development, like with any other external device, you should check a few basic things. Confirm that the scanner or multi-function printer is switched on before moving on. The printer’s control panel should have a light on to let you know how things are going.
Check that the cables are firmly connected to the PC and scanner. Printing a test sheet on a scanner-equipped printer might ensure it works correctly. If your HP scanner is not working, try restarting your computer and printer/scanner. To check whether the problem remains, reconnect the cable once again. When it comes to software, your odds of running into a problem are greater than when it comes to hardware.
HP Scanner Not Working In Windows 11? How To Fix
If you are experiencing problems connecting to the HP scanner, we will review a few possible solutions in this article.
- Go to Start, right-click, and then choose Run to launch the Run Command.
- Enter services.msc in the search area and press OK.
- In the Names column on the right side of the Service Manager window, look for the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service.
- To open the Properties window, double-click.
- To start the service, click the Start button and choose Automatic as the Startup type.
- To save the changes, click Apply and then OK.
- The Shell Hardware Detection service, Remote Procedure Call, RPC Endpoint Mapper, and DCOM Server Process Launcher should all be executed similarly.
- After you’ve made the necessary changes, restart your computer to check whether the problem remains.
Run Hardware Troubleshooter
If you have problems with your HP scanner, try using the hardware troubleshooter.
- Choose Run as administrator after finding CMD in the Start Menu and right-clicking it.
- Type and run the command on the Command Prompt.
- Now, under the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter box, choose Advanced.
- To run the hardware troubleshooter, select the Apply repairs automatically checkbox and click Next.
Run Scanner In Compatibility Mode
Another option is to use the HP scanner in compatibility mode. You can perform the following steps.
- Press the Windows + R key combination. Enter Control Printers in the run dialog box to open it and click OK.
- Right-click the HP scanner in the Devices & Printers pane and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the Properties box.
- Check the checkbox at this stage. Use compatibility mode to run this program.
- Choose any older version of Windows, preferably Windows 7 or 8, from the drop-down option.
To manually update drivers, follow these steps.
- Select Settings by clicking Start.
- Choose the Advanced options option after selecting Windows Update.
- Choose Optional updates.
- After extending the section for driver updates, check the scanner drivers.
- Restart your computer.
Always maintain the scanner drivers updated since a broken or outdated scanner driver will prohibit your HP scanner from working with Windows 11. You may also update the drivers by going to the manufacturer’s website, downloading the latest version, and installing it on your computer.
Reinstalling HP Scanner
- Right-click on Start and choose Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, expand Imaging devices or Print Queues. Choose Uninstall device after clicking the HP scanner device in this section.
- When the Uninstall Device window opens, click Uninstall to confirm.
- Please restart your computer once it has been fully removed.
Next, go to the HP scanner’s official website and download and install the most recent scanner driver. The problem with the HP scanner not working should be fixed now that the scanner driver has been reinstalled. You may also use the DISM and SFC scans to identify and repair faulty system files. Furthermore, if you recently installed an update, delete it to see if it addresses the HP scanner not working on Windows 11 issue.
The Bottom Line:
If your HP scanner is having problems, this tutorial might assist you. We discussed various troubleshooting approaches to address the HP scanner not working issue in Windows 11.