Many times, while attempting to take a printout from the printer, you may encounter an error that causes the print to be canceled. This might aggravate when you need to take a printout but need help due to mistakes. A printer spooler error is a typical issue that you may encounter with Windows 11. The printer spooler is responsible for organizing printing jobs. It also queues them for delivery to other printers and printing services. You may face this problem if the printer spooler is overloaded.
How To Fix Quickly Windows 11 Printer Spooler Error?
Nothing to worry about if you are experiencing Printer Spooler Errors on Windows 11. This post will look at how to fix Printer Spooler Errors on Windows 11.
This problem may be caused by random and transitory bugs on your machine many times. Such issues are readily remedied by restarting your PC. You could restart your PC and see if you still receive the issue.
Try updating your Windows 11 computer. If there is a bug in Windows 11, it will be fixed in the next Windows 11 update. If you continue to have Printer spooler errors with Windows 11 download, you could try updating your PC.
Run The Printer Troubleshooter
You may run the printer troubleshooter. The printer troubleshooter will find and fix any issues with your printer. Follow the instructions listed below to run the printer troubleshooter.
- By hitting the Windows + I key combination on your PC, you may access the Settings menu.
- You will be directed to the System area under Settings by default. If you still need to get in the System area, click System on the left sidebar of the settings.
- Click troubleshoot, then additional troubleshooters. Now, next to the printer, click the run option. This will run the printer troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen steps to scan your printer for errors and fix them.
Clear Printer Queue
You may encounter this issue if the Printer Spooler is overloaded with numerous printing tasks. Try emptying the printer queue to fix this issue. The Printer Spooler won’t be overloaded once you remove the printer queue; thus, you won’t face the issue.
Use Another App & Remove All Other Printers
Try using a different printing app if you still face this issue. Due to a bug in the app you are using, you may face this error. The issue should be fixed if you try printing from another app. You may face this issue if many printers are connected to your PC. Multiple printers may interfere with the PC, resulting in Printer Spooler errors in Windows 11. Try removing other printers generating the issue and check if the problem remains. If you continue to get the Printer Spooler error, go to the following step.
You could remove the printer from which you are printing. Remove the printers, as well as the drivers and software. Reinstall the printer and try printing again after that. The issue should no longer be in your face.
Fix Print Spooler Services
Fixing the Print Spooler Services is an additional thing. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- On your keyboard, use the Windows + R key combination. Type services.msc and hit Enter in the run dialog box.
- This will launch the Services windows on your PC.
- Here is where you may search for Print Spooler services. Right-click it and choose the Properties option.
- In the properties, go to the General tab and then click Stop.
- After that, press the Windows + R key combination, type C:\Windows\System32\spool\printers, and press Enter.
- Now, pick and remove everything in the printer’s folder.
- Return to the Print Spooler Properties window in the Services.
- Now, click the restart option to restart the service. When finished, click OK.
If you try printing from the printer, you should no longer encounter Printer Spooler errors in Windows 11.
Fix Print Spooler Using Command Prompt
If the solutions described above did not help you fix the issue, you should try using the Command prompt to fix it. To fix the Printer Spooler error, follow the steps outlined below.
- CMD may be found by searching the start menu. Click Run as administrator after right-clicking the command prompt.
- Now, on the command line, type and execute the following commands.
- net stop spooler
- del /Q /F /S “%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*”
- net start spooler
You should no longer have to face the issue when you’ve finished. This procedure is identical to the last one. You will use the command prompt instead of the Services app to fix the issue.
If you are experiencing Printer Spooler errors with Windows 11, please follow the steps outlined in this article. You can troubleshoot the Printer Spooler error if you follow the instructions outlined in this article.