OCR Apps For Digitizing Handwritten Notes: While we cannot deny our reliance on word processors, keyboards, and smartphone keypads, there are moments when we just like taking notes on paper with a pen. It’s a sensation unrivaled by any of the digital gadgets mentioned above or others. Handwritten note digitization is required for several reasons.
Reasons Why Digitizing Handwritten Notes Is Required
- One reason you’d want to store digitized handwritten notes on your smartphone is that your smartphone is difficult for others to get. However, since the modified scans are preserved in your image gallery, you need an extra layer of security from prying eyes.
- Because paper is prone to wear and tear, it may not be practical to carry these handwritten notes everywhere or even keep them for an extended time. That’s why digitizing handwritten notes is handy, particularly if you want to make changes on the go.
- When correcting handwritten notes, excessive overwriting might render the notes unreadable. Handwriting to Text Apps converts incomprehensible text into clear, crisp, and intelligible text.
- You may also discover that arranging handwritten notes is a difficult chore.
Top OCR Apps For Digitizing Handwritten Notes
Below is a list of some of the best Handwriting to Text Note Apps for Android that can help you convert your handwritten notes into digital form so that you can keep them and organize and modify them.
Note: The apps mentioned below would.
- Handwritten notes are mostly recognized (regardless of how excellent or awful the writing quality is).
- With these OCR apps, you won’t need a pen and won’t have to swipe your fingers to text. The app will complete the task.
1. Pen to Print
When digitizing handwritten notes, Pen to Print is one of the few handwriting-to-text apps that allows you to scan and modify handwritten notes such as letters, diary entries, shopping lists, etc. It features a one-of-a-kind OCR engine that turns handwriting into editable text quickly and accurately. Later, you may export transformed files to other systems. You may email or export the translated text to word processors like Google Docs, Microsoft Word, or note-taking apps like Evernote.
Gone are the days when you had to spend hours rewriting whiteboard presentations before making changes. You can now save time using Microsoft Office Lens, one of the best handwriting-to-text converters. This app from Microsoft is a simple but effective method to convert whiteboard presentations into editable documents. It also features a specific whiteboard mode that may assist you in erasing the shadows and glares that arise when you attempt to record the text from a whiteboard. Not only can you scan whiteboards, but you can also scan PDFs and other printed documents, and the app will instantly recognize the text. After scanning, you may also make changes or add notes.
3. Text Scanner
Text scanner is yet another amazing app for scanning handwritten notes. You may scan a handwritten paper or the pages of a book; the text scanner will convert everything to text. Furthermore, it does not just capture text; it does it with extreme accuracy and speed. It also supports more than 50 languages. The text may be copied to the clipboard, shared via email, or saved to Google Drive.
Camscanner is an app that makes it simple to digitize handwritten notes. The app has received praise for digitizing documents such as invoices, business cards, mark sheets, receipts, whiteboards, etc. However, one of the highlights is its built-in OCR recognition, which extracts text from images and can be used for searching, sharing, and editing. Even though this is a premium function, you should consider investing in it.
The sense of accomplishment you get when you write your notes, or anything else, is incomparable. However, years later, when your notes become unreadable, or you are forced to carry such notes, you will regret not having done anything to safeguard them. The days of regret are over with the aforementioned OCR apps. We love handwritten letters, and we’re sure many of you also do. Please let us know if you have better options where all you need is an app to scan your handwritten notes in the comments section below.