Over the years, Minecraft has impacted the imaginations of its players. They consistently incorporate new features and updates to maintain player interest.
However, technicalities include faults and flaws, and Minecraft is no exception, as the Minecraft Java edition shows numerous errors, the most prevalent of which is “exit code:1.” If you get the same Minecraft exit code 1 error, continue reading to find a simple solution.
Fix “Exit Code: 1” Crash Error on Minecraft Java Edition
How to Fix Exit Code 1 Minecraft: The error is typically caused by Java configuration issues, although numerous other potential causes exist.
Identifying a single solution to the Minecraft exit code 1 issue is impossible. Thus I have provided a total of six fixes. If you test each solution, you will undoubtedly eradicate the problem.
Fix 1: Configure Java Executable Path Variable
Minecraft was developed on Java, so you must install Java on your computer to function correctly. Verify the Java path if it’s already installed but you’re still receiving the Minecraft Exit Code 1 issue.
As the case of the path name is case-sensitive, I have outlined the necessary stages to make this process simple. Please follow them in order, as the path name is case-sensitive.
- Please open the file location where the Java JDK is installed; by default, it is installed in C Drive > Program Files.
- Now copy the file path you find on the top.
- Then, Right-tap on This PC on your left and then choose Properties.
- Tap on Advanced system settings on the left.
- Now tap on Environment Variable.
- Then, tap on New.
- Enter the Variable name as “JAVA_HOME,” and in the Variable value, paste the file path and click OK.
- Under the System variables, find the path variable and tap on Edit.
- You’ll see the value there; add ”;%JAVA_HOME%\bin” and tap OK.
Fix 2: Reinstall Java
If the update to the Java path variable works, your Java files may have become corrupted. If so, it will prevent Minecraft from running properly and generate Minecraft Error 1.
Therefore, it is preferable to uninstall Java and reinstall it on your computer; to do so, please follow these steps to fix the Minecraft Exit Code 1 issue:
- On your Windows search bar, type Control Panel and tap on the result.
- Then tap on Programs.
- Now tap on Programs and Features.
- You will see all the installed programs on your computer; locate Java there.
- Tap on its name and then Uninstall.
- Next, go to the website of Java and download the latest version on your PC. https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp.
Fix 3: Remove Mods
Mods are produced by third-party users and may have mistakes or problems that prevent Minecraft from working.
It may be incompatible if you have updated to the most recent version of Minecraft but are still running the same old mod.
So, removing the mods & checking whether the error still exists will be better.
- Right-tap on the start menu and select Run.
- Enter %APPDATA% in the box there and tap OK.
- You will see files of all the installed apps on your device; choose Minecraft from there.
- OpenLogs folder and there is a file called Latest.txt inside the folder; open it to check for any issues.
- If you see any issues, go to the parent Minecraft folder and open Mods.
- Choose the mod file that is causing the Minecraft Exit Code 1 issue and delete that.
Fix 4: Change Minecraft Launcher Path
To make it easier for your Minecraft launcher to access the files on your computer, you must specify the correct path.
To modify the location of the Minecraft Launcher, follow the steps below. But before you begin following the procedures, ensure that the launcher is closed and exited from the system tray.
- First, locate your Minecraft launcher shortcut and Right-tap on it.
- Then, it will show you many options; click on Properties at the bottom.
- On the menu bar at the top, tap on the Shortcut section.
- Next, in the Target section, you’ll see a path; enter –workDir %ProgramData%.minecraft at the end of the given path.
- Finally, tap OK and open the launcher.
Fix 5: Update Graphics Drivers
Always ensure that your game’s graphics drivers are up-to-date, as they are responsible for what you see.
Companies that produce graphics cards constantly make updates that enhance their performance. If you use an outdated driver version to open Minecraft, you may encounter an Minecraft Exit Code -1 issue. Therefore, it is preferable to check for driver updates and, if any are available, update to the most recent version.
- First, Right-tap on the Start menu.
- Then, select Device Manager from the multiple options there.
- Now, tap on Display Adapters to expand it.
- Then, you will see the name of your Graphics Driver; Right-click on it and select the Update Driver option.
- Now, it’ll give you two options: “Search automatically for updated driver software” & “Browse my computer for driver software; tap the first option and wait for the driver to get installed on your computer.
- After the installation is finished, restart your computer.
Fix 6: Re-install Minecraft
If none of the preceding solutions work and you cannot determine the cause, you can reinstall Minecraft. It will remove all the files, including the corrupted ones, and you may download the game from the official website to start over.
ALSO SEE: How to Add a Border in Google Docs
These are the steps to do that to resolve the Minecraft Exit Code 1 issue:
- Right-tap on the start menu to open various options.
- Tap on Apps and Features; you’ll find the option on the top to see all apps installed on your computer.
- You will get a search box; enter your launcher name search or manually locate the launcher.
- Tap on the launcher’s name to get the Uninstall option.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall and confirm your request.
- Now, go to the official website of Minecraft and download the game. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us.
Conclusion: Minecraft Exit Code -1 Fix
These are the six solutions to the Minecraft Java Edition “Exit Code: 1” problem. Examine each option to determine which one works best for you. If you continue to encounter problems, please leave a remark below.