Voicemail is a valuable feature on the iPhone that lets you receive audio messages when you cannot answer the phone. Unfortunately, many iPhone users face top problems with voicemail, which has stopped working. This may be unpleasant if you like receiving messages via this feature, but it abruptly stops working. You may be encountering this issue for a variety of reasons. Nevertheless, this is a small issue that can be quickly fixed using the troubleshooting steps in this article.
iPhone Voicemail Not Working? How To Fix
This post will look at how to fix voicemail not working on the iPhone.
Ensure Voicemail Is Enabled
You’re most likely to face the issue if the Voicemail feature needs to be enabled or set up on your iPhone. Therefore, check to see whether your iPhone has voicemail enabled. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- On your iPhone, launch the Phone app.
- Tap voicemail and check to see whether the feature is enabled.
Try Force Closing The Phone App
You could force the phone app to close and check to see if the problem persists. Then, follow the steps listed below to shut the app forcibly.
- Swipe from the bottom of your screen until you see apps in the task view on iPhone X or any other newer version of the iPhone. If you’re using an iPhone 8 or an earlier model, double-press the home button to see apps in the task view.
- To forcibly shut the Phone app, swipe up on the card.
- After then, check to see whether the voicemail is still working.
Try Switching On And Off Airplane Mode
You can turn it off and then on airplane mode. This refreshes the cellular network, which may be the cause of the voicemail not working on the iPhone. Follow the steps listed below to turn on and then off airplane mode.
- Swipe down from the screen’s top right corner. Swipe upward from the bottom of the screen if you’re using an iPhone 8 or older.
- To turn it on, tap the Airplane symbol. This will emphasize the Airplane icon, indicating that the mode is enabled.
- Please wait a few seconds, then tap the Airplane symbol again to turn it off.
You may restart your iPhone if you still face the same issue after doing the above steps. Restarting your iPhone will likely fix the issue.
Turn Off And On Cellular Data
Cellular Data may interfere with the operation of the iPhone’s voicemail. If your voicemail is not working on the iPhone, it might be due to a lack of cellular connectivity. To fix the issue, try turning off and then on your cellular data.
- Swipe from the top right side of your iPhone to access the Control Center.
- If the Cellular data icon is highlighted, tap it to turn it off.
- After 30 seconds, tap the symbol again to turn it on.
Install Carrier Settings Update
Another option is to install the carrier settings update. Follow the steps below to install a carrier settings update.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Navigate to the General tab, then tap About.
- Check for updates here. Install any updates that are discovered.
Ensure Call Forwarding Is Off
Call forwarding may create issues with iPhone voicemail. Check if you still face the issue after turning off call forwarding.
- Head to the Phone section of the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Tap Call Forwarding, then turn off the Call Forwarding toggle.
Reset Voicemail Password
Two options are changing the voicemail password and checking to see if the issue remains. Next, follow the following steps to reset your Voicemail password.
- Navigate to your phone’s Settings.
- Head to the Phone menu, then choose Change Voicemail Password.
- Now enter the new voicemail password that you wish to use.
Set Automatic Time
Allow your device to adjust the time automatically based on its location. To establish automatic time, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Select Date & Time after tapping the General option.
- Turn on the Set Automatically toggle now.
Reset Network Settings
You must reset your network settings if none of the preceding fixes resolve the issue. This will fix the issue if the voicemail is not working on iPhone. Follow the steps below to reset network work settings.
- Navigate to your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Tap General, then Reset under the Settings menu.
- Tap Reset Network Work Settings in this section.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your password. After entering the password, validate the network settings reset.
The voicemail should now be working once you follow the steps mentioned above. You can resolve the issue you were facing with the voicemail by using these approaches.