Whether you are a regular traveler or a shopaholic, Citibank has you covered with a Citi Credit Card and Debit Card. Citi’s diverse portfolio of credit cards has unique capabilities that enable you to do much more than simply swipe them to purchase goods and services. Citi Credit Cards and Debit Cards reward you practically every time you use them, whether you’re shopping, dining, watching movies, purchasing airline tickets, or reserving hotel rooms. If this is your first time using a Citi Credit Card or Citi Debit Card, you’re probably wondering how to activate them. This article will simply teach you how to activate your Citi Bank Credit Card Online.
How to Activate Citi Credit Card and Debit Card
When opposed to cash transactions, activating a Citi Credit Card or Debit Card entitles consumers to many perks and privileges. Cashback, Reward Points, No-Cost EMIs, and Great Discounts are just a few of the benefits that Citi Credit or Debit Cards offer. There are three ways to activate your Citi Credit and Debit Card. These include the following:
- Citibank Card Activation By SMS
- Card Activation Online
- Citibank Card Activation By Citi Mobile App
Citibank Card Activation By SMS
If you want to activate your Citibank Credit Card via SMS, you can follow the below steps.
- You’ll need to send an activation SMS to Citibank using your mobile number.
- The activation message you’ll require to send using your mobile number is – ACT <space> <Last 4 Digits of your Credit or Debit Card Number>.
- When you have created the message on your phone, you’ll need to send it to 6058.
- After sending the message from your phone, you will instantly receive a message from Citi Bank telling you that your Citi Bank Credit or Debit card has been successfully activated.
- Ascertain that the phone number used to send the activation message for your Citi Bank Credit Card or Debit Card is associated with the Citi Bank account for which the card is activated.
- Remember that activating your Citi Bank Credit or Debit Card is only valid in the nation in which the account is registered.
Citibank Credit and Debit Card Activation Online
If you want to activate your Citibank Credit Card or Debit Card through Citi Mobile App, you can follow the steps below to activate Citibank credit card on app.
- You’ll need to begin by downloading the Citi Mobile App from Play Store (for Android users) & Apple Store (for iOS users) on your smartphone.
- When you download the Citi Mobile App from your relevant app store, you’ll need to launch the app on your phone and sign in using your Citi Mobile login credentials.
- Citi Bank will notify you by SMS and email when you login into your Citi Mobile app. In addition, your card’s status will be updated immediately on your Citi Mobile app.
NOTE: This technique of activating your Citi Bank Debit & Credit Card is only applicable for domestic and overseas.
Citi Bank Credit Card and Debit Card Activation through Citibank Online
Citibank Online is another convenient option to activate your credit card or debit card. Please see the instructions below to learn how to activate your Citibank Credit or Debit Card online.
- To activate your Citi Bankcard, you’ll first need to log in to Citibank Online at citibank.com.vn using your User ID & Password.
- When you’re logged in to your account using login credentials, you’ll need to choose the “Services/My profile” option.
- Afterward, you will need to tap on the “Card activation” option and select your card name for activation.
- Now, you will receive a notification from Citi on your SMS box and email. It will notify you that the status of your card has changed on your Citibank online.
- This method of activating your Citi Bank Credit Card & Debit Card is applicable for domestic and overseas activation.
Additionally, you can activate your Citibank Credit/Debit card by visiting the Citi Bank website’s Activate Your Card page. Open the Activate Your Card page on your computer browser, input the Card Number you wish to activate in the supplied area, then click the Continue button. Following that, follow the on-screen instructions to activate your Citi Bank credit or debit card.
Assistance for Activating your CitiBank Debit Card and Credit Card
While the methods outlined above should assist you in activating your Citi Card Debit or Credit, you may always contact Citi Bank Customer Care if you cannot activate your Citi card. The following are the methods for contacting Citi Bank customer service.
At Citibank Online, you can quickly send & receive messages for all your card activation-related and other inquiries within just simple steps.
- Just sign in to Citibank Online using your Username & Password.
- When logged in, go to the Services section from the blue bar menu and navigate to My Profile > My Message > Inbox > Enter your OTP to proceed further.
- After that, choose “Compose Email,” select the appropriate subject for your message, and enter details of your Inquiry. Finally, tap on Submit.
- Citi Bank customer assistance will respond to your message over the secure messaging feature in Citibank Online. To view the response, simply click on the Inbox option on the left navigation.
Citi Bank Customer Support Phone Number
You can even seek assistance for your inquiries by calling on the following Citibank activate card phone numbers:
- (84 28) 3521 1111 (For Enquiries, Submitting a Complaint, a Compliment or General Feedback)
- When Calling from Overseas, then the number is (84 28) 3521 1118
- (84 28) 3521 1088 (For Dedicated Citigold Hotline Number)
ALSO SEE: How to Activate iHeartRadio
Thus, these are the simple methods for activating your Citi Bank Card Debit or Credit. If you require additional assistance with Citi Card activation, please call the Citibank customer care number listed above.
Leave a Reply