Users have reported facing a 0x8024a203 update issue while attempting to update Windows 11. Users cannot install the most recent update on their Windows 11 PC due to this problem. This is fine since it is a very frequent issue. You’ve reached the correct spot if you seek fixes for this issue. Basic troubleshooting steps may fix Windows 11 update error 0x8024a203.
How To Fix Easily Windows 11 Update Error 0x8024a203?
This post will look at how to resolve Windows 11 update error 0x8024a203.
Run The Windows Update Troubleshooter
You could test running the Windows Update Troubleshooter if you face this issue on Windows 11. When updating Windows 11, you may face issues that Windows Update Troubleshooter may help you resolve. Follow the steps listed below to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- To launch the Settings app on the PC, use the Windows + I key combination.
- Next, navigate to the System tab and choose Troubleshoot.
- Following that, click Other Troubleshooters. Following that, click the Run button next to Windows Update..
- You may now run the Windows Update Troubleshooter by following the on-screen directions.
Restart Essential Services
Another thing to do is restart the critical services. If there are any problems with the services necessary for updating Windows, try restarting them. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard, then search for Services in the Start Menu. To open the Services app on the PC, press Enter.
- To find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), search in the Services app.
- Then, check whether the service is running; if not, right-click on it and choose Restart.
- Now, click the drop-down option next to Startup type and choose Automatic.
- Then, click Apply, and then OK.
- Repeat for the Windows Update service.
- You should no longer face the issue if you attempt to update Windows.
Run SFC And DISM
It would be best if you also tried running SFC and DISM. On your Windows PC, these tools assist in resolving issues you may face. If the SFC scan does not resolve the issue, try running DISM. Then, follow the instructions listed below to run the SFC scan.
- You may access the Start Menu on your PC by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard. Do a search for CMD in the Start Menu. Right-click Command Prompt and pick Run as administrator.
- Type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter to run the SFC scan in the Command Prompt.
- Wait for the procedure to complete before restarting your PC to resolve the issue.
If you continue to face Windows 11 update issue 0x8024a203 on your computer, you could try running DISM. Follow the steps listed below to run DISM.
- Following the preceding steps, you may launch the Command Prompt with administrator rights.
- Type and execute the commands in the Command Prompt shown below.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After the procedure is finished, the issue will be fixed, so restart your PC.
Reset Windows Update Components
Resetting the Windows Update Components is another thing to perform. Follow the steps listed below to update Windows Update Components.
- Search for Command Prompt in the Start Menu that appears after clicking the Start symbol in the Taskbar. For example, to run the Command Prompt with administrative credentials, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Next, on the Command Prompt, type and execute the following commands.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Launch the File Explorer on the PC by pressing the Windows + E key combination.
- Follow the following locations one at a time in File Explorer.
- Delete everything in these folders.
- After that, on the Command Prompt, type and execute the following commands.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- The issue should be fixed if you restart your PC.
Manually Install The Update
You may also resolve the issue by manually applying the update. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- First, write down the KB number of the update that failed to download. You can find the KB number of the update in the Windows Update section of the Settings app.
- Now, click this link to head to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Search for the KB number in the search field and then click Search.
- You’ll find a variety of updates for various devices/systems. First, check that you have downloaded the right update for your system type.
- To download & install the update, click the Download button.
- The issue should be fixed after you have installed the update and restarted your PC.
Perform In-Place Upgrade
If none of the above steps helped you resolve the issue, consider conducting an in-place update. Follow the steps listed below to perform an in-place update.
- To head to the Microsoft Media Creation Tool’s official website, click this link. Then, download the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from this location.
- When the terms and agreement page opens, run the utility on your PC and click Next.
- Next, click Next after selecting the Upgrade this PC immediately option.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions to perform an in-place update.
The Bottom Line:
The steps outlined above should resolve the issue you are facing. For example, if you face the Windows 11 update error 0x8024a203 issue, you may follow the steps outlined in this article to find a solution.