YouTube TV is Google’s paid best streaming service that offers free live TV channels and on-demand videos from 70+ popular networks including ABC, AMC, CBS, CNN, ESPN, Discovery, NBC, Fox, FX, TBS, and more extra. Launched in February 2017, YouTube TV is possible for all the major platforms, including Amazon Firestick.
YouTube TV also helps cloud-DVR with unlimited storage to record your favourite clippings. The recorded videos will be kept for 9-months.
Due to Amazon and Google’s clash, YouTube TV was removed from Amazon Store in earlier 2018. The two giants have finally come to terms, and Youtube TV is officially free on the Amazon store.
Supported Firestick devices
According to Google, the following Amazon best streaming devices will support YouTube TV
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- 1st and 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube
- 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV (2nd and 3rd Gen)
- Fire TV Edition Smart TVs / Toshiba, Element, Insignia, and Westinghouse)
There are two methods available to stream YouTube TV contents on your Firestick or Fire TV. You can best stream it by downloading the dedicated app from the Amazon store or utilising the Silk browser.
Before installation, make sure to sign up for YouTube TV with the support of a web browser. YouTube TV amount $49.99 per month.
How to Sign up for YouTube TV?
(1) Free Google Chrome or any different web browser and visit tv.youtube.com.
(2) Click Try it Free.
(3) Sign-up with your Google credentials.
(4)By default, YouTube TV will display the zip code of your location. If it is wrong, tap I DON’T LIVE HERE and enter your zip code.
(5) Click, LET’S GO.
(6) Customise your membership by choosing the addons that you want. For these addons, you need to additional fee along with your monthly price.
(7) Click NEXT once you selected the required addons.
(8) Review the price of the membership and enter your payment information.
Note: You won’t be charged until your available trial ends.
(9) Click BUY to purchase YouTube TV.
How to Install and Activate YouTube TV on Firestick?
(1) At the home screen of Firestick, hover to the Search icon.
(2) Open YouTube TV and click on it to search for the app.
(3) The search results will appear on the screen.
(4) Choose its logo to open the app.
(5) Tap Get or Download to install the app.
(6) Wait for the YouTube TV app to install on your best streaming device.
(7) Choose Open to launch the app.
Note: You can additionally launch the app from the Apps section.
(8) Choose SIGN IN.
(9) An activation code along with its link will appear on the screen. You need to configure it on your mobile smartphone or PC web browser to activate the web.
(10) Take your mobile or PC and start any web browser. Visit the activation link tv.youtube.com/start
(11) Open the code displayed on the screen.
(12) Sign in to your Google account which you used to purchase YouTube TV.
(13) Once you signed in, the YouTube TV app on the Firestick screen will load automatically to display the media contents.
How to Watch using the Silk browser?
With the support of the Silk browser, one can stream YouTube TV contents on their Firestick. Silk browser is an inbuilt and default for all the Firestick/Fire TV devices. If needed, you can download different web browsers like Mozilla Firefox from the Amazon store.
(1) Enter the Silk browser.
(2) Open tv.youtube.com in the URL bar.
(3) Click SIGN IN located at the best right corner of the screen.
(4) Sign in with your Google credentials and best stream the YouTube TV contents on your Firestick.
Where is YouTube TV available?
Currently, YouTube TV is only free for people living in the US and its territories. If you access YouTube TV out-side the US, you will receive a geo-restriction error stating “Sorry, but YouTube TV is not possible in your area just yet “. With the support of a VPN, you may bypass the YouTuve TV geo-restrictions. However, YouTube TV requires an amount method which linked to a US address. So, it isn’t easy to access outside the US.
Even though YouTube TV is a top-quality premium service for Firestick devices, $49.99/month may be too high for many users. For networks like STARZ, NBA League Pass, Fox Soccer Plus, SHOWTIME and more, you need to pay the additional fee. Hence, think twice before purchasing this service.