Emby is just like the Plex Media Player that you can use to stream your personal media files like movies, pictures, music, etc. To be precise, Emby is a digital media player where the user can organize and manage their personal media by setting a server on their device. Emby is free on Roku Channel Store, so you can install the channel on Roku and start streaming your personal media content without any hassle.
With Emby on Roku, you will get an intuitive home screen and a customized section for each media type. Hence, it will be simple to browse the media collections on your Roku. You can additionally use it to access the music collections that you configured on the server.
Steps to Add Emby on Roku
1) Set up your Roku with TV and connect it to the internet.
2) Continue to the Roku home screen by pressing the home button on the remote.
3) Select the Streaming Channels section on the home screen and select the Search Channels option on the consecutive screen.
4) Type Emby on the search field with the help of supplied remote to choose letters on the on-screen keyboard.
5) Choose the channel from the list of search results.
6) On the app info screen, click on the Add Channel button.
8) You can find Emby on the Apps section of the home screen.
How to Use Emby on Roku
To use the Emby app on Roku, it is important to connect the app with your server. There are three other methods to connect the Emby customer to a server.
- Using Emby Connect
- Scanning Network
- Connect Via Manually Add Server
Connect Via Emby Connect (Default)
You can follow this method when you have configured Emby Connect on the server.
- Launch the Emby and note down the activation pin that you can view on the main screen.
- Using a web browser on the PC or computer, visit emby.media/pin.
- Start your Emby username, Password, and the Pin displayed on the TV screen. Finally, click Submit.
- After submitting this information, you will receive a message stating, “Pin Confirmed. Thank you.”
- Soon, the Emby client on Roku will connect to the server immediately.
Connect Via Scan Network
- Launch Emby and click on Skip (connect to the server manually).
- When the server and client installed tools are on the same network, they will automatically detect the server.
- Start a display name and select Okay.
- The user authentication screen will start on the screen.
- Continue through the on-screen prompts to finish the setup process.
Connect Via Manually Add Server
- Open the IP Address or the host server name and click Okay.
- If the user is connecting over the internet, they can utilize their router’s public IP Address or the hostname.
- Open the Emby server HTTP server Port # (Default is 8096), as configured on the Emby server under Configuration > Advanced > Hosting > Local HTTP Port Number.