Safari browser is the default browser on all macOS and iOS devices. It is regarded as one of the quickest browsers to use on Apple platforms. By default, all the links or URLs you agree on Mac will start on the Safari browser. Furthermore, the web results for things that you search on Spotlight also start on Safari. However, Safari is not the only browser to utilise. You can change and use Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera as a default browser on Mac.
There are 2 methods to change the default browser:
- Via system preferences
- Via browser settings
Change Default Browser on Mac through System Preferences
Make sure to install the browser that you want to utilise as default.
1. First, click on the Apple icon on the upper-left corner.
2. Scroll and select the System Preferences.
3. Select the General option.
4. Agree on the drop-down menu located next to Default Web Browser.
5. Choose the browser that you want to set as a default browser.
Change Default Browser on Mac through the Browser Settings
The steps to change the default browser varies from one browser to different browser.
If you have set a different browser to default, you can change it to Safari at any time.
1. Launch the Safari Browser on the Mac.
2. Agree on the Menu and then choose Preferences.
3. Choose the General tab.
4. Agree on the Set Default button.
5. On the verification pop-up, click Use Safari to verify.
2. Google Chrome
1. Install and launch the Google Chrome browser on your Mac.
2. Agree on the Menu on the best-right corner.
3. Select Preferences.
4. Scroll and select the Default Browser.
5. Agree on the Make Default button to make Google Chrome the default browser.
6. On the pop-up, confirm the set-up by clicking Use Chrome.
3. Mozilla Firefox
1. Install and launch the Firefox web browser on your Mac.
2. Agree on the Menu option at the top-right corner.
3. Select Preferences.
4. On the General section, you can see a message stating, “Firefox isn’t your default browser.”
5. Click Make Default on the right to that.
These are the best three Mac browsers used around the world. If you want to use different browsers, use the system preferences menu or mention the browser name in the below section. We will show you the steps to set it as default with-in the browser settings.